Having a great WordPress website takes time as well as effort. You need to put up interesting content that people are going to be interested in. Your website also needs to look good in order to attract these visitors. We have already talked about plugins that can help you achieve this. But this time, we are going to focus on bringing people to your website.
Generating traffic is a very important aspect in having a website, regardless of what you post there; you will want people to find it. This is where Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO comes into the play.
Simply put, with SEO, you are telling Google what your website is about. Most people who search for a word or a phrase in their preferred search engine choose one of the top three results.
To help your website get a better rating, you will have to optimize it. There are multiple ways that you are able to do this. For example, you can enter certain keywords into the title or the post itself. Editing the meta info which is shown to people who search for the keyword is also important and should be high on your priority list.
When it comes to WordPress SEO, you are able to download certain plugins that will do this for you. There are many to choose from and you might have a hard time if you do not get the necessary help.
Thankfully, you are about to read a list that contains some of the best WordPress SEO plugins on the market. So choosing the right one should be child’s play.
1. All In One SEO Pack
This plugin not only allows you to easily change the title and description of your website which is going to be shown in Google search. But at the same time, you are also able to add new keywords and descriptions to individual posts.
Functions such as editing any post, regardless of when you uploaded it is one of the many reasons why so many people choose this plugin when it comes to optimizing their content for SEO. If you go to the Posts page, you will see that you have a new option unlocked.
Under each post, you can change the information which is shown to search engines as well as people who search for the specific keywords. This will help you in building your brand up and more visitors are going to look at what you are offering on a daily basis.
You are able to pay for certain locked features, such as the Video Sitemap, access to premium support and the knowledge center, which contains various video tutorials on how to set the plugin up. For $79, you can gain access to the premium version and you can take advantage of all the additional settings and offers.
There are many great options that can truly help you optimize your site and get more visitors each day. There are not many plugins that offer this type of customization.
The setup process might be a little complicated for people who are not experienced in SEO. You also need to buy a Pro membership if you want to watch the video tutorials or if you want customer support.
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the gold standard when it comes to Search Engine Optimization in WordPress. Not only that it is free, but it contains all of the necessary functions and tools that you are going to need in order to boost your website’s traffic. This is exactly the reason why it currently has over a million active installs and millions of downloads Worldwide.
This plugin is so popular that everybody from developers and small business owners, all the way to small bloggers. Not only that it is very easy to use, but at the same time, you will get all the necessary help that you need.
Under the new post that you are creating. You are going to see the Yoast interface, which contains a plethora of features. For example, in the Snippet Editor, you can see how your post would look like in Google. You can enter a specific keyword which is going to be shown in bold; this is a very important step.
In addition, red and green lights will indicate how optimized the post really is. You can change your tactic according to these tips and this will ensure that you get the audience that you deserve.
The Page Analysis page offers an in-depth view of everything that you might be missing from the post or page. Red and green lights will indicate how optimized the post really is. This will help you get the best results; you simply have to follow the instructions which are shown in red. Once you correct these things, your post will be perfectly optimized and you should get a lot more visitors for that particular post.
This plugin also has an amazing support team behind it who is working hard to answer all of the questions and solve all the problems that their users have. Unfortunately, you need to pay for this service. The prices for Yoast SEO Premium are the following: $69 for a single site, $129 for up to 5 sites and $249 for 20 websites. You also have bigger packages, which go all the way up to 200 sites.
This is one of the most downloaded plugins and many people are very satisfied with what it offers. Being able to easily and automatically optimize your pages and website is the reason why this plugin is considered the best.
A few functions, such as the Redirects Module is premium only. You need to pay a certain amount of money, depending on how many websites you wish to use the plugin on. You also receive access to the support team, who is able to answer any questions that you might have.
3. SEO Friendly Images
There are many blogs and other types of WordPress websites, where the admin uploads a plethora of pictures to each post. This is a very good decision, since you are giving your audience something to look at while they are reading the post. Unfortunately, what many people forget is that Google and other search engines, such as Yahoo are not able to read images. They are not going to know what is on that particular image.
This is why you need to name them as well as add alt-tags and a description to each of them. You are able to do this when you are uploading a new image, under the image’s properties. Now, you might be wondering: “Do I have to go back and do this for every single image that I have uploaded?!” The answer is no, you don’t, as SEO Friendly Images is here to help you out.
What this plugin allows you to do is enter a title and description which is going to be applied to all of the images that you have uploaded. This will help your images get a better rating on the search engines, thus giving you more visitors. Now only that the installation of the plugin is very simple, but there are no hard to understand options either.
If you leave the plugin’s default settings, the images are going to be called according to the post’s title as well as the name of the picture which is originally chosen. This can be changed to whatever you would like and it can easily be used.
This plugin will allow you to painlessly alter all of the images, without having to go through them one-by-one. This will not only save you a lot of time but a lot of effort as well. The best part about it is that it is free and very simple, so everybody is able to use it, regardless of their social status.
What most people do not like about this plugin is that it is so simple. There are no advanced settings and there are a handful of things that you can do with it.
Here are some tips, tricks, and tools for search engine optimization that might help you with your website rankings:
1. One of the most important elements of search engine optimization and search engine marketing is the human factor, a factor that you need to attract to your website using multiple and different creative methods such as creating useful and content, offering freebies, or amazing products.
2. The second most important element of the entire search engine optimization process is the search bot. Web bots such as Google Bot, Yahoo Bot, Bing Bot, and others, need to have good access to your website’s content in order to index the pages.
For humans, you need to have a friendly design, friendly content, and friendly functions. Bots do not care about all this, but mostly about fresh and original content, friendly URLs, great website speed, etc.
3. The Google SEO guide offering new extra tips and tricks regarding best SEO practices updated. You should always be up to date with the latest Google guidelines to know what changes to make to your website eventually and do not make any mistakes that can hurt rankings.
4. It is a very good idea to check your website after broken and in-existent links using an online Broken Link Checker where you enter a URL a captcha code and then select if you want to get a report regarding distinct broken links only or report all occurrences of each dead link, a process that is slower than the first one.
The last step using this tool is to press the broken links now and the report will appear showing the number of broken links, the broken link, and where they are found.
5. Another cool tool is the Duplicate Content Tool, where you submit your domain and you need to wait a few moments to load. It tries to find non-duplicate existing content but also content from Google Cache and PR dispersion, it checks for common default page error, incorrect 404 pages, and supplemental pages in Google index.
6. You should also check for keywords using the Keywords Tracker that lets you search for synonyms, the lexical field of a word, and the family of a word.
7. Using Google Analytics for ads but also to research which keywords are popular and which ones aren’t so you can focus the desired ones or Google Webmaster Tools to make Google Bot index faster are only a couple of the Google Tools available for SEO. Another one is Google AdWords while Google Tag Manager is the newest one and it can really help you to manage tags from your website better.
8. A handy SEO tool is the SEO Keyword Tool available for free where you can write the website and multiple keywords or group of keywords separated by a comma, and also you can choose where to make the query by changing the Google extension from co.uk to hu, no and so on.
After you entered the asked information you need to wait a while and then a table will appear with the results containing the keywords, rank, search volume, trend, difficulty, opportunity, CPC, estimated visits, and estimate revenue.
9. Another pack of goodies is represented by WordPress plugins. If you have your website created in WordPress like All in One SEO Pack that boosts your content. Google Analytics for WordPress for stats. And for ownership Google XML Sitemaps to create a proper XML sitemap for Google. Jetpack by wordpress.com for stats, and Akismet that detects spam.
If your website is created using other content management systems you can use look for similar plugins, extensions, add-ons, or modules on the producer’s website.
10. A vital part of search engine optimization is the Robots.txt file hosted on the root directory of your website where you can allow or disallow different internet browsers to access your website, or you can block bots or restrict private folders.
11. A good SERP tool is the Google keyword rank checker. Allorank where you have free 15 SERP checks and where you can enter your domain, choose your country, your keyword, and your language. And then you can push the Start: get my position button and then you should receive the position showing even the result.
12. In Firefox and in Chrome there are add-ons and extensions very useful for SEO such as SEO Doctor which helps you better optimize your website for search engines step by step. SeoQuake SEO extension that helps you to deal with search media optimization and search engine optimization.
13. GTmetrix is a free tool that examines page speed and anything that impacts user-experience regarding SEO.
14. The Web Developer Toolbar works with most browsers (Firefox, Chrome) has tools used for SEO audits. Such as outline, resize, images, CSS, cookies, disable, and so on.
15. Hootsuite is a free social media tool related to SEO where you can log-in with multiple social media profiles and accounts. Such as Twitter and Facebook and you can engage influences but also ordinary users by scheduling tweets, posts, and replies.
16. Wayback Machine can resurrect a deleted and nonexistent web page showing a saved version of the searched website by date and from different sources. Such as Google cache, Yahoo cache, and so on.
17. Google Trends helps you to see the new trends over time being critical to follow the most popular trends and using keywords related to those specific trends.
18. Moz is a suite of friendly marketing tools, most of the important ones being Open Site Explorer that is a backlink analysis tool offering metrics and link equity. Moz Local lets you see the state of a company’s local citations.
Mozbar is a browser toolbar letting you easy and fast access to Moz tools. Followerwonk shows data on Twitter, and SERP Overlay showing OSE metrics on individual search results.
Overview and Recommendation
It is obvious that when building a website you are doing it for humans. However it is not enough to have great design, functionality and content. Your site need to be accessible by search bots and web crawlers.
By combining the above-mentioned tools and tips, you will be able to improve your website’s metrics and rankings and gain more visitors. More traffic to your website means more income, so it worth paying more attention to SEO.
And finally, I would also like to draw your attention to the importance of web hosting. A website can have great SEO metrics, but without a reliable hosting service can quickly drop in search results.
To avoid this, I suggest checking out our recommended hosting services. And get yourself a hosting plan that can provide great speed, uptime, and performance.
The End –
There you have it; three WordPress SEO plugins that will make your life a lot easier. Your website’s popularity is going to skyrocket and more people will gain access to the amazing content that you upload.
Choose the WordPress SEO plugins that you like the most, depending on how advanced you want it to be as well as according to the other facts which have been listed.
Regardless of what WordPress SEO Plugins you choose, be sure to inspect all of the features. And if you need help, look for guides or tutorials on the Internet.
More articles –